Sales and Account Manager (Higher Education Vertical)
Are you an experienced and motivated sales professional seeking a remote position that provides opportunities for you to take ownership, thrive, and shine? Are you passionate about education and experienced selling to institutions of higher education? Do you want to work in a culture of positivity, teamwork, and accountability?
A Pass Educational Group, LLC is dedicated to developing innovative and effective educational solutions, specializing in custom educational content and online course development for K12 publishers and institutions of higher education. A Pass is passionate about empowering growth and achievement in everything we do and is committed to our core values.
The company has aggressive but realistic goals for growth and is looking to add a hard-working, mission-driven individual with a successful track record of growing revenue by securing new business with ideal buyers and growing relationships with existing clients. This is a remote position that will involve travel once conferences and in-person networking events resume. Compensation will include a competitive base salary, performance-based commission, and a full package of benefits.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, this important sales role is responsible for executing a sales strategy that delivers revenue growth from new and existing clients in the higher education vertical. You will be accountable for identifying, developing, and closing new business opportunities. You will network, generate leads, follow up with sales-ready inbound leads, engage with leads to establish and cultivate relationships, hold discovery calls and scoping calls, host demos, contribute to proposals, close business, and maintain and deepen ongoing relationships with existing clients. You will be responsible for timely activity entry into our CRM, reporting sales activity and results, filling the pipeline, and meeting sales goals.
We’re looking for a high-energy, motivated “hunter” with experience selling to institutions of higher education with an ability to build trust with prospects and clients, utilize consultative selling skills, and a demonstrated track record of delivering revenue results. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and welcome challenges and teamwork, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of a collaborative and inspiring team who is passionate about education and helping our clients execute their content development initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- 1-3 years experience executing a consultative sales process
- Good working knowledge of higher education buying processes
- Proven history of building successful relationships with decision-makers at the provost level and similar
- A track record of consistently achieving sales goals selling into the higher education market
- Strong self-starter capabilities to independently achieve goals and objectives; intrinsic passion paired with a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; strong cross-functional collaboration skills with peers and colleagues
- Strong technology and business application skills
- Reliable and updated Internet, computer, and mobile device
- The ability to travel as required in order to maximize business opportunities
- Alignment to A Pass core values
- Hunger for long-term work; will be dedicated, reliable, and work hard
- A desire for performance-driven compensation
Helpful to have:
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Google Suite applications
- Proficiency using HubSpot
- Bachelor or Associates degree preferred
- Past experience selling instructional design and course development services
- Account management
- Reports to the VP of Business Development
- Virtual, work-from-home position
- Full-time employment
- Flexible work schedule, with the majority of the hours between 8 am-7 pm ET M-F
- Regular travel expected (up to 1-3 times/month) once in-person networking events resume and travel is safe
- Compensation package includes a competitive base salary, success-based commission, employer-paid life and disability insurance, access to employee-paid medical and dental insurance, a technology stipend, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and 401(k) savings plan